Bissell is one of the most popular steam mop brands on the market, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t have their fair share of problems.
Fortunately, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide to troubleshooting Bissell steam mops as well as a series of how-to guides to help you get the most out of your machine.
Whether you’re having trouble getting your machine to produce steam or you’re looking for tips on how to clean different types of floors, we’ve got you covered.
Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop Not Steaming
This is a common issue with the Bissell Powerfresh steam mop. There are a few things you can try to get it steaming again.
First, make sure that the water tank is full and that the unit is turned on. If the light is on but the mop isn’t steaming, it might be because the tank is empty.
If the water tank is full and it’s still not steaming, then there might be something blocking the steam nozzle. Try using a toothpick or a paperclip to clear any debris that might be clogging it up.
Another possibility is that the heating element might be damaged. This can happen if you use tap water instead of the recommended distilled water.
Why is my Bissell Steam mop not working?
There are a few things that could be causing your Bissell steam mop to not work correctly. Here are a few tips to help you troubleshoot the issue:
#1 If your steam mop is not producing any steam, please check to make sure that you have filled the water tank and that it is properly seated on the unit.
#2 If the water tank is properly seated and filled, please check the steamer’s power cord to make sure it is securely plugged into an outlet.
#3 If you have verified that the water tank is full and the power cord is plugged in, please check the on/off switch to make sure it is in the ON position.
Bissell Steam Mop Leaking From Back Vent
Why is my Bissell steam mop leaking from the back?
If your Bissell steam mop is leaking from the back, there are a few possible causes.
First, check to see if the water tank is properly seated and locked into place. If it is not, that could be why water is leaking out.
Another possibility is that the seals on the tank may be damaged or worn out, allowing water to seep through.
Finally, it’s possible that there is a crack in the tank itself. If you cannot find the source of the leak, or if you have a crack in the tank, you will need to replace it. You can find replacement tanks online or at some big box stores.
Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop Leaking
The Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop is designed to clean and sanitize your floors with the power of steam. However, if the mop is not used correctly, it can leak water and cause damage to your floors.
Here are some tips to help prevent your Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop from leaking:
#1 Make sure that the Steam Mop is on a level surface before using it.
#2 Be sure to fill the water Tank with distilled water only – do not use tap water as this can cause mineral buildup and lead to leakage.
Bissell Steam Mop Clogged
How do you unclog a Bissell steam mop?
You may be able to unclog your Bissell steam mop by following these steps:
- Run the steam mop over hot water for a few minutes.
- Use a paperclip or other sharp object to clear any stubborn debris from the steam nozzle.
- Rinse the microfiber pads and let them dry completely before using them again.
- If your steam mop still isn’t working properly, you may need to descale it as described below.
To descale the steam mop, do this:
- Mix one-part white vinegar with two parts of water and pour the mixture into the water tank of your steam mop.
- Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes, then run the steam mop over hot water until it’s gone.
Bissell Steam Mop Not Heating Up
If your Bissell steam mop isn’t heating up, there could be a few different issues at play. First, make sure that the unit is plugged in properly and that the power switch is turned on.
If the problem persists, it’s possible that the heating element itself is damaged and will need to be replaced. Finally, if neither of those solutions works, you may need to contact customer service for further troubleshooting assistance.
Bissell Steam Mop Not Turning On
First, check to see if the Bissell Steam Mop is plugged into a power outlet. If it is, then the next thing to check is whether or not the steam mop has water in it. The steam mop will not turn on if there is no water in it.
If you have checked both of those things and the steam mop still will not turn on, then there may be an issue with the power cord. Try plugging it into a different outlet to see if that works.
Bissell Steam Mop Making Clicking Noise
If your Bissell steam mop is making a clicking noise, I would advise you to try and troubleshoot the issue before taking it in for repair.
First, make sure that the steam mop is properly plugged in and that the light is on. If it’s plugged in and the light isn’t on, try pressing the button on top of the handle to turn it on.
Once it’s turned on, hold down the release trigger and wait for the steam to start coming out of the nozzle.
If none of those things work, I would suggest trying to descale the machine. To do this, fill up the water tank with equal parts white vinegar and distilled water, then run the machine for a full cycle.
Let it sit for an hour, then rinse out the tank and run a clean water cycle to remove any residue.
Bissell Steam Mop Repair
If you’re having trouble with your Bissell steam mop, there are a few things you can do to try and troubleshoot the issue.
- First, check the power cord to make sure it’s properly plugged in and that the cord isn’t damaged.
- Then, make sure there’s enough water in the tank and that the tank is seated properly on the unit.
- Finally, if the steam mop still isn’t working, you may need to contact Bissell customer service for further assistance.
Bissell Steam Mop User Guides
How to fill Bissell steam mops
Bissell steam mops are pretty easy to fill, but there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind. The water tank is designed to be filled with plain tap water.
You don’t need to use any special cleaning solution or anything like that. Just fill it up and get going.
One thing to keep in mind is that the steam mop produces hot steam, so be careful not to overfill the tank.
If you do, the excess water can spill out and possibly scald you. It’s also a good idea not to let the tank run completely dry while you’re using the mop. If that happens, the heating element can actually get damaged.
How to use Bissell steam mops
Bissell steam mops are easy to use. Fill the water tank with cold tap water, insert the appropriate attachment, and plug in the appliance. Turn on the steam by pressing the button on the handle.
Move the mop over the surface to be cleaned, applying pressure as you go. When finished, release the steam by pressing the button on top of the handle and unplug from the outlet. Allow cooling before storing.
How to clean Bissell steam mop pads
To clean Bissell steam mop pads, you will need:
- Hot water
- Bissell Steam Mop Cleaner Solution
- White vinegar
- Essential oils – optional (tea tree oil, lavender oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil)
- Timer or clock
- Spoon or stirrer
To clean your Bissell steam mop pads, follow these steps:
- Fill a bucket with hot water. Add 1 cup of Bissell Steam Mop Cleaner Solution and stir. Soak the pads in the solution for 5 minutes.
- If desired, add 10 drops of essential oils to the solution.
- Remove the pads from the solution and gently scrub them with a soft brush or cloth to remove any dirt or debris.
- Rinse the pads thoroughly with clean water and allow them to air dry before putting them back on your steam mop.
How to turn on Bissell steam mops
The following steps will show you how to turn on your Bissell steam mop. Before use, please consult your user manual for any specific instructions.
- Locate the power button on your Bissell steam mop and make sure it is in the off position.
- Plug the power cord into a grounded outlet and ensure that the cord is not tangled or frayed.
- Once plugged in, press and hold the power button for two seconds to turn on your steam mop. The lights on the handle should illuminate, indicating that it is turned on.
READ MORE: Does Walgreens sell roller mops?